Mulled wine recipe – warm spiced wine that is usually serve in Christmas and holiday season, bit not only. This drink is perfect for cozy winder evenings. Mulled wine is popular all around the world during the holidays, in Germany it’s called Glühwein, in Spain it’s called warm sangria. No matter where you are from and how to you call it, just make this drink and enjoy life.
- 1 bottle Dry red wine
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1-2 Cinnamon sticks
- 2 Star anise
- 1 teaspoon Whole cloves
- 1-2 tablespoons Honey/maple syrup/sugar (optional)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Brandy/rum (optional)
- In a medium saucepan combine red wine, sliced oranges, cinnamon stick, star anise, whole cloves, sweetener and brandy.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer (Avoid boiling, otherwise the alcohol will evaporate). Reduce to low heat and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Pour into glasses and serve hot or warm.
- To make the drink stronger or lighter you can add more or less alcohol (brandy/rum/whisky).
- To add more flavor you can add chopped apple, fresh or frozen cranberries, blueberries or any fruit that you like.