For the dough:
For the cream:
1. Make the dough: In a large bowl combine melted butter and sugar. Add sour cream, vanilla extract and stir until combined. sift in flour and baking powder, knead until smooth sough forms. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 1 hour.
2. Preheat oven to 350F (175C). line a baking tray with parchment paper.
3. Using a box grater, grate the dough in a single and even layer over the parchment paper.
4. Bake for 12-13 minutes, until golden. Remove from oven and let cool.
5. Meanwhile make the cream: in a large bowl cream the butter, add dulce de leche and beat until incorporated. take cooled biscuit and brake it into small and medium pieces, add to the cream, add crushed walnuts and fold until combined.
6. Mound the mixture onto a serving plate. Using your hands, form the mixture into an ant hill. Sprinkle with poppy seeds or chocolate shavings.
7. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
More Russian Dessert Recipes You May Like: