Penne alla Vodka Recipe | How to Make Vodka Pasta
This penne alla vodka recipe is one of the best pasta dishes I’ve ever made! As a fan of pasta dishes, I have tried many different pasta recipes during the years. It was my first time trying pasta with vodka sauce, and guess what, I was surprised how good it is. This vodka pasta is rich, creamy and so delicious. If you like pasta with tomato sauce, you should give it a try.
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 3-4 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Vodka
- 2 tablespoon Tomato paste
- 14oz (400g) Tomato sauce/crushed tomatoes
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Red chili flakes (optional)
- 280g Penne pasta
- 2/3 cup (160ml) Heavy cream
- 2-3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Fill a large pot with water, add 1 tablespoon salt and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile make the sauce: In a large pan heat olive oil, add chopped onion and sauté until slightly golden, about 5-6 minutes. Add crushed garlic and cook for 1- minutes.
- Add tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add vodka, stir and cook for 3-4 minutes, until the alcohol evaporates.
- Add tomato sauce, salt, pepper, paprika and chili flakes. Stir and bring to a simmer. Allow to simmer over low heat while making the pasta.
- When the water in the pot are boiling add the pasta and cook according to package instructions.
- Add the cream to the sauce, stir and add drain pasta and 2-3 tablespoons of grated parmesan. Cook until thick and smooth.
- Serve immediately and grate some fresh parmesan.