If you like shrimps this recipe is definitely for you, crispy and juicy shrimp cakes that you must try! these shrimp cakes are pretty easy to make, you can make them with fresh shrimp or frozen shrimp. They are great with any dipping sauce but prefer to serve these delicious shrimp patties with mayo-mustard-sour cream dipping sauce.
For the cakes:
- 1-pound (450g) raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3/4 cup (80g) breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 red chili flakes
- Olive oil for frying
For the dipping sauce:
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup (170g) Sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
1. Place the shrimp in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped - do not over process.
2. Transfer the shrimp to a large bowl. Add chopped onion, crushed garlic cloves, breadcrumbs, parsley, eggs and spices. Mix until well combined.
3. Form the mixture into patties.
4. In a large pan heat olive oil. Add the shrimp patties and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel to drain.
5. For the dipping sauce: in a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients until combined and smooth.