Easy Chocolate Fondant Recipe
Quick and easy chocolate fondant recipe. This classic chocolate fondant requires only 5 ingredients that you probably have in your panty. Fondant au chocolat is a famous French dessert that is known all around the world.
- 100g Dark chocolate
- 5 tablespoons (75g) Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 3½ tablespoons (43g) Sugar
- 1/4 cup (32g) All-purpose flour
- Pinch Salt
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Butter three 6oz moulds or ramekins, dust with cocoa powder and place in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
- Chop the chocolate and place in a heatproof bowl, add butter. Set the bowl over a double boiler (pot with simmering water). Melt the chocolate. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs, sugar and salt, until light, pale and thick.
- Slowly pour melted chocolate into the egg mixture.
- Sift in flout and whisk just until incorporated.
- Pour into prepared molds. Fill about 80%.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes.
- You can eat it straight from the mold or invert onto a plate, dust with powdered sugar and serve.