This easy cucumber salad recipe is one of our all-time favorite salad. This salad is so crunchy and it goes almost with any meal and goes at any season of the year. This vinegar marinated cucumber salad is totally vegan and doesn’t contain any mayonnaise.
- 3-4 Cucumbers
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup (120ml) White vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Water
- 1/4 cup (50g) Sugar
- 1 Red onion, sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons Dill, chopped
- Slice the cucumbers and place them in a large bowl. season with 1 teaspoon of salt and toss. Let stand for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile: in a small saucepan, combine vinegar, water and sugar. Heat over medium heat, until sugar dissolved, about 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Drain the liquids from the cucumbers. Add sliced onion and pour the dressing over the salad. Add chopped dill and toss until combined.
- Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.