1. Butterfly the shrimp: insert a knife about three-quarters of the way into the shrimp at the top. Cut a slit down the center of the shrimp's back to the tail. Open the flesh of the shrimp slightly. Season with salt and pepper, set aside.
2. In a large bowl place egg, sparkling water, 1/2 of the flour (65g), salt, garlic powder, chilli flakes and paprika. Whisk until smooth.
3. In a separate bowl, mix shredded coconut and breadcrumbs.
4. In a third bowl place 1/2 cup (65g) all-purpose flour.
5. Coat the shrimp with flour and shake off excess, then dip in the batter and coat with coconut mixture, pressing gently to adhere.
Place coated shrimp on a baking sheet. Freeze for 30 minutes.
In a pan heat oil to 350F (175C). Fry shrimp in batches, about 2 minutes on each side, until golden. Transfer to a paper towel to drain.
very good recipe, i made it.Reply
Glad you liked it :)Reply
Your email address will not be published