Classic Fattoush Salad Recipe
Have you ever tried Fattoush salad? If you haven't, add this recipe do your do to list. This Fattoush salad is authentic Lebanese recipe, that is made in different variations. This version of Fattoush salad is refreshing, colorful, delicious with a touch of crunchy pita bread. A must try recipe for any salad lovers.
For the salad:
- 1/2 head Lettuce, chopped
- 2 Tomatoes, diced
- 2 Cucumbers, diced
- 2 Radishes, sliced
- 1 Green bell pepper
- 4 Green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Mint, chopped
- 2 Pita breads
- 100g Feta cheese, crumbled (optional)
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil1 teaspoon Sumac
- 1 tablespoon Pomegranate molasses or balsamic vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Make the pita chips: open the pita bread and cut each half into chips.
- In a large pan heat 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil. When oil is hot, add the pita bread chips and fry until golden and crispy. Remove from the pan, drain and set aside. Before serving toss the pita chips with zaatar.
- Chop the vegetables: chop the lettuce, dice the cucumbers, the tomato and the bell pepper., slice the radish, chop green onions, the parsley and mint. Place all the veggies and herbs in a large bowl.
- Make the dressing: in a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, olive oil, pomegranate molasses, sumac, salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well. Add pita chips to the salad and serve.