How to Make Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
Learn how to make the best chocolate buttercream frosting for cupcakes and cakes. This chocolate frosting is creamy, light and perfect for decorating cakes, piping and frosting different desserts.
- 1/2 cup (115g) Butter, softened
- 1/3 cup (40g) Cocoa powder
- 1¾ cups (220g) Powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
1. In a large bowl, beat butter until fluffy.
2. Add cocoa powder and beat until combined.
3. Beat in powdered sugar, one cup at a time, beating in between.
4. Add vanilla extract, heavy cream and beat until incorporated.
5. Transfer to a piping bag, pipe onto the cupcakes, cake or any dessert.