Chai Latte Recipe | How to Make Chai Latte
Learn how to make the best chai latte. If you are not familiar with chai latte (also known as masala chai), this is basically a tea spiced with cinnamon, cardamom and more spices and served with milk or cream. This chai latte recipe is super delicious, creamy, rich and very easy to make.
- 2 cups (480ml) Water
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon Whole black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon Whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom pods
- 1 tablespoon Ginger, fresh
- 2 tablespoons Brown/white sugar
- 2 bags Black tea
- 2 cups (480ml) Milk
- In a mortar and pestle crush peppercorns, cloves and cardamom. and cinnamon.
- Place crushed spices and the cinnamon (broken into pieces) in a small sauce pan toast them over medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in the water. Add the ginger an and boil for 5-6 minutes.
- Add sugar, tea bags and allow to boil for 1 minute.
- Strain the tea through a fine-mesh strainer. Discard the spices and tea leaves. At this stage you can store the chai in the fridge until ready to use.
- When ready to drink; heat the milk in a small saucepan. Froth the milk with an immersion blender.
- Pour the chai into a mug, then pour the hot milk. Garnish with some ground cinnamon (optional).
Frequently asked questions:
WHAT IS CHAI LATTE?
Chai latte (also known as masala chai) is Indian style black tea that is spiced with cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, ginger and sometimes other spices. Chai latte usually served with hot frothed milk and sometimes cream.
CAN WE USE PLANT BASED MILK TO MAKE CHAI LATTE?
Yes, you can make chai latte with plant based milk. Chai latte can be made with almond milk, soy milk, oat milk, hazelnut milk, cashew milk or any other plant based milk.