For the cake:
for the frosting:
1. Preheat oven to 350F (175C). Grease two 8-inch (20cm) cake pans and line the bottoms of the pans with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir and set aside.
3. Peel and grated the carrots.
4. In a large bowl beat oil, sugar and vanilla. Add eggs and beat until light and fluffy.
5. Add flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix until combined. Add grated carrots and 1/3 of chopped walnuts, stir until combined. Pour the batter into prepared pans and bake for 30-35, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow the cakes to cool.
6. Meanwhile make the frosting: in a large bowl, beat cream cheese with powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth and creamy. In a separate bowl beat heavy cream to stiff peaks. Fold 1/3 of the whipped cream, then fold into the cream cheese mixture.
7. Assemble the cake: cut the top of the cakes, place one cake layer with flat side down. Spread a layer of frosting, place the second layer of cake on top of the frosting, flat side up. Spread evenly the frosting on top and sides of the cake. Coat the sides of the cake with the remaining chopped nuts.
8. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
• Instead of walnuts you can use pecans or combination of both.
• You can bake two pans at the same time.
• Instead of decorating the side of the cake you can decorate the top.
Hello I have a question. Sadly i can't find typical Cream cheese in my country .There is way to replace Cream cheese , with some other kind ? Like mascarpone will fit ?Reply
Yes, mascarpone will fit.Reply
Hi, can you please share the measurements if I only want to do one layer cake? ThanksReply
Just use half of the ingredients.Reply
Your email address will not be published