Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry Recipe
This beef and broccoli stir fry is one of my favorite easy dinner recipes. This beef and broccoli recipe is juicy, flavorful, healthy, packed with proteins and pretty easy to make. Whether you want to make a quick dinner or you like Chinese food, you are going to love this amazing dish!
For the beef stir fry:
- 1½ lbs. (675g) Sirloin or another cut, thinly slices
- 2 tablespoons Soy sauce
- Pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 1-2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoons Ginger, grated
- 3-4 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lb. (450g) Broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 Carrot, cut into strips
- 2 Green onion, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons Sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 Red chili, sliced (optional)
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Soy sauce, low sodium
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Beef stock or water
- 2 teaspoons Sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- In a bowl mix beef slices, soy sauce, black pepper and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk all sauce ingredients, until combined.
- In a wok or pan boil water. To the boiled water add broccoli florets and carrot slices, blanch for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons of oil in a large pan or wok. Add sliced beef and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until cooked. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat 1-2 tablespoons of oil, add sliced onion and fry for 2 minutes. Add grated ginger and garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add cook beef, blanched carrots and broccoli, stir fry sauce and cook, stirring for 2 minutes. Add green onions, red chili and cook for 1 minute more.
- Serve and garnish with green onions and toasted sesame seeds.
Frequently asked questions:
WHAT BEEF TO USE FOR STIR FRY?
My favorite cut is sirloin, although this cut is a bit expensive, I think it gives the best results. You also can use: top round, ribeye, top lion, tenderloin, flank steak and skirt.
WHAT VEGETABLES CAN WE ADD?
You can add almost ant vegetable to stir fry. Carrots, peppers, mushrooms, broccoli, beans, peas, sweet potatoes and more. The most important thing is not put too much veggies. Choose 1-3 vegetables and put a bit from each.
MORE DINNER RECIPES: