For the candies:
1. Grease the sides and bottom of an 8-inch (20cm) square pan with vegetable oil. Line a parchment paper, grease the parchment as well. Set aside.
2. In a large saucepan combine sugar, 270ml of water and lemon juice. Set over medium heat. Allow to boil and let the sugar dissolves. Then reduce the heat to low and let simmer until the mixture reaches 235-240F (112-115C) (soft ball stage). Remove from heat and set aside.
3.In a separate saucepan combine cornstarch and 2¼ cups (540ml) water, stir until no lumps remains. Place over medium heat, stir constantly until mixture begins to boil and mixture has glue-like consistency.
4. Gradually stir in the syrup to the cornstarch mixture and stir constantly for about 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and let simmer for about 45-60 minutes, stirring frequently, until lightly golden.
5. Stir in the rose water, food coloring and vanilla extract. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Spared evenly and allow to cool for at least 4 hours.
6. In a big dish mix powdered sugar and cornstarch. Sprinkle some of the mixture over a clean surface. Turn the dough over and cut into little squares.
7. Coat each square with the cornstarch mixture.
Absolutely loved the taste, texture, smell and the shape of the delight in this recipe. Since my last visit to Grand Turkish Bazaar on 2019 before covid times, I was buying my delights from grandturkishbazaar.com But after that recipe, I see that how easy to make it at home on my own. Thank you!! :)Reply
Never made these before... It's this recipe that brought me here from youtube. I've just finished making 2 batches and i'm very impressed! A recipe I will cherish forever ♥Reply
Hello! Do you have to use the vanilla extract? Thank you!!Reply
No, its just optional and adds extra flavor. You can omit it or use another extract that you like.Reply
Your email address will not be published