These stuffed mushrooms are juicy, flavorful and super delicious. If you like vegetarian side dishes and appetizers, this recipe in the “one” for you.
- 650g Medium/large sized Button mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 3 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup (g) Gruyere Cheese, shredded
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- ¼ cup Tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200C (400F).
- Remove stems from the mushrooms and place mushroom caps in a baking tray.
- Chop the stems and set aside.
- In a medium size pan, heat olive oil. Add chopped onion and sauce until golden, crushed garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add chopped mushroom stems and sauce for 4-5 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Add tomato sauce and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add chopped parsley, cheese and stir well.
- Stuff the mushrooms with the mixture and place them on a baking dish.
- Sprinkle each mushroom with parmesan cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes, remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.