This strawberry poke cake id the dream cake of any child. Soft and rich vanilla cake, filled with delicious strawberry filling which gives the cake its unique look, and all that covered with beautiful whipped cream. This cake if perfect for birthdays, parties and holidays.
- Make the cake: Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180C˚). Grease the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and sugar, whisk until light and pale. Add oil, milk, vanilla extract and beat on low speed until incorporated.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt, stir just until incorporated.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Make the strawberry mixture: in a food processor or a blender, blend the strawberries until smooth, and milk, condensed milk and bled until combined.
- Using the bottom of a wooden spoon or a straw, poke holes all over the cake, 1 inch apart. Pour the strawberry mixture over the cake. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Make the whipped cream: in a large bowl whip heavy cream, vanilla extract and powdered sugar. whip to stiff peaks.
- Spread the whipped cream over the cake and chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Before serving decorate with fresh strawberries.