How to Make The Best Onion Rings
Learn how to make the best onion rings – these onion rings are so crispy, juicy and addictive. They will stay crispy not only after frying but for a long time. This version is so easy to make, and it is a vegan and eggless recipe. After trying this recipe you wont try any other onion rings recipe.
- 2 large onions
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (42g) cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 1/3 cup (320ml) of cold sparkling water
- 2 cups (220g) Panko breadcrumbs
- Oil for frying
1. Cut the onions into 1/4-inch (1/2 cm) slices and separate into rings.
2. In a large bowl stir flour, cornstarch, baking powder, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Gradually add water and whisk until smooth and thick.
3. Dip onion rings in the batter, then coat with breadcrumbs. Repeat with all the rings.
4. Heat oil to 350-360F (170-180C).
5. Fry onion ring in batches until golden and crisp, about 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel to drain. Serve hot.