For the mushrooms:
For the dipping sauce:
1. In a medium size bowl stir flour, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, oregano and baking powder. Gradually add water, whisking, until smooth. If the batter too runny and 1-2 tablespoons flour, if the batter to thick add 1-2 tablespoons water. Set aside.
2. Slice the mushrooms into thick slices.
3. Dip the mushrooms in the batter, then coat with breadcrumbs.
4. Heat oil in a pan. Fry sliced coated mushrooms for 1-2 minutes, flip and fry 1 minute more, until golden and crunchy. Or dip fry until golden. Transfer to a paper towel to drain.
5. Make the sauce: mix chili with mayonnaise until combined and smooth.