This Mediterranean couscous salad is light, delicious and very refreshing. The recipe is very easy to make and takes just a few minutes, the tastes are unique and reminds a holiday in the middle east. If you are looking for a salad recipe, this salad is defiantly forth a try.
For the salad:
- 1 cup (170g) Instant couscous
- 1 cup (240ml) Hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Red onion, chopped
- 200g Cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 Cucumber, diced
- 1 Bell pepper, diced
- 1 can (300g) Chickpeas, drained
- 1/3 cups Olives
- 1/4 bunch Mint, chopped
For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, mix couscous, salt and cumin. Add hot water, cover and set aside for preparing the vegetables.
- Before adding the vegetables fluff the couscous with a fork.
- Add chopped onion, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, chickpeas, olives and chopped mint.
- Make the dressing: in a small bowl whisk olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the salad and mix until well combined.