1. Crush the biscuits
2. Melt chocolate and butter over double boiler, until completely smooth. Remove from heat and add alcohol or coffee (optional), milk, vanilla extract, crushed cookies, pistachios, salt and mix until combined.
3. Spread half the mixture onto plastic wrap and shape it into a log. Roll the plastic wrap and twist the ends to seal. Roll back and forth few times to make the log evenly round. Repeat with remaining mixture.
4. Refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours until firm.
5. Remove the plastic wrap, dust with powdered sugar from all sides (or roll in powdered sugar). Brush off excess sugar.
6. To give it an authentic salami look Wrap it up in kitchen twine.
• Instead of pistachios you can use almond/ pecans/hazelnut or any other nuts that you like.
• Keep refrigerated.
• For extra flavor you can add any liquor that you like or brewed coffee. But it is optional.
• If you are not using coffee or liquor, use the same amount of milk instead.
OOPS, I accidentally voted two stars. (Was wondering if reviews would pop up if I hovered over the stars.) Sorry--please remove my 2-star vote if you can.Reply
Your email address will not be published