One Pot Chicken and Rice Recipe
This one pot chicken and rice recipe is one of the easiest dinner recipes you can get! You have everything you need in one pot: in this one pan dish you have proteins, carbohydrates, vegetables and a lot of flavours. Whether you are in a hurry or don't want to wash a lot of dishes, this recipe is just right for you.
- 2-3 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 cup Peas, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup Corn, fresh or frozen
- 2 Chicken breast/thighs , cut into chunks
- 3 cups (490g) Rice, rinsed
- 6 cups (1.5L) Water/stock
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2-3 teaspoons Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- In a large pan heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped onion and sauté for 4-5 minutes.
- Add chicken chunks, season with salt, pepper, 2 teaspoons of turmeric and cumin. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add peas, corn and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add rinsed rice, water/stock, salt to taste, 1 teaspoon of turmeric, cover the pan with a lid. Bring to a boil, when boiling, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Turn the heat of and allow to seat for 5 minutes with opening the lid.