No-Bake Mint Cheesecake Recipe
This no-bake mint cheesecake is one of the best cheesecakes I’ve ever made. This special cake has a unique flavor that will make you addicted to this cake. This cheesecake has a refreshing and light flavor, with a sweet and delicious mint chocolate topping. If you love desserts with mint, you must try this unique cheesecake!
For the crust:
For the cheesecake:
- 9g Gelatin + 45ml water
- 1 cup (170g) Mint chocolate chip
- 7-8g Fresh mint leaves
- 2¼ cups (500g) Cream cheese
- 2/3 cup (80g) Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla bean paste
- 2/3 cup (160g) Heavy cream
- Green gel food coloring (optional)
For the topping:
- Make the crust: In a food processor or a Ziploc bag place biscuits and crush into fine crumbs. Add melted butter and pulse until combined. Wrap a 8-inch (20cm) springform pan with a cake collar (to make perfectly smooth cake). Press crushed biscuits mixture into bottom of 8-inch (20cm) springform pan. Refrigerate while making the filling.
- Make the filling: In a small bowl stir gelatin powder and water. Let bloom for 10 minutes.
- Place the mint chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl and melt in short pulses (you also can melt the chocolate over a double boiler). Set aside to cool slightly.
- Place mint leaves and 2 tablespoons of cream in a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract until smooth, add melted chocolate, blended mint leaves and beat until combined and smooth. Add heavy cream and beat until light and fluffy.
- Melt the gelatin in the microwave for 15 seconds. Temper the gelatin: Gradually add few tablespoons of the cheesecake mixture into the dissolved gelatin and stir until combined. Pour back to the cheesecake mixture and mix until combined (At this stage you can add green food gel coloring if desired). Pour into the springform pan and freeze while making the topping.
- Make the topping: in a small saucepan combine mint chocolate chips and heavy cream. Heat the saucepan over low heat, until the chocolate is melted. Stir and make sure the mixture is smooth. Allow to cool for 2-3 minutes, then, pour the topping over the cheesecake.
- Refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
Equipment I used in the video:
Kitchen scale: https://bit.ly/KitScales
Cake Collar: https://bit.ly/CakeCollar
Cake mousse set (for pressing the crust): https://bit.ly/MousseMold