For the chicken mixture:
For the sauce:
For the batter:
1. In a small bowl whisk all the sauce ingredients until smooth and set aside.
2. Season chicken cubes with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Mix well until all pieces coated with the seasoning.
3. In a large bowl prepare the batter: beat egg with salt and garlic powder, add cold water and whisk, add flour and whisk until smooth, add cornstarch and baking powder and whisk until smooth. Add oil and whisk. If the batter is too thick, add more water, if the batter is too thin, add more flour/cornstarch.
4. Transfer cubed chicken to the batter, mix well until they are well coated.
5. Heat oil to 360F (180C).
6. Fry coated chicken in small batches. Fry about 1-2 minutes, occasionally moving the chicken, or until lightly golden. Remove and repeat with the remaining chicken. Return fried chicken to hot oil and fry again in 1 or 2 batches (depends on the size of the pan) and fry for 4-5 minutes, occasionally moving the chicken, or until golden and cooked through. Drain chicken pieces on paper towel.
7. Pour the sauce into a large pan, heat the sauce and add the chicken. Lower the heat, sprinkle some sesame seeds and toss until well coated.