For the crust:
200g (7oz) Oreo cookies
1/3 cup (75g) butter, melted
For the filling:
340g (12oz) strawberries, fresh or frozen
2 cups (450g) Cream cheese
3/4 cup (180ml) Heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
11/3 cups (167g) Powdered sugar
10g Gelatin powder
50ml Cold water
For the topping:
4g gelatin + 20ml cold water
3 tablespoons (22g) cocoa powder
50ml heavy cream
1. In a food processor or a Ziploc bag crush the biscuits into fine crumbs. Add melted butter and pulse until combined. Press into bottom of 8-inch (20cm) springform pan. Refrigerate while making the filling.
2. In a small bowl stir gelatin powder and water. Let bloom for 10 minutes.
3. Put strawberries in the food processor and pulse until completely smooth.
4. In a large bowl beat cream cheese, vanilla extract and powdered sugar until soft and smooth. Add strawberry puree and mix until combined. In a separate bowl whip heavy cream to stiff peaks. Gradually fold into the cheesecake mixture.
5. Melt the gelatin in the microwave for 15 seconds. Temper the gelatin: Gradually add few tablespoons of the cheesecake mixture into the dissolved gelatin and stir until combined. Pour back to the cheesecake mixture and mix until combined.
6. Pour into the springform pan, spread evenly. freeze for one hour.
7. Chocolate topping: In a small bowl stir gelatin powder and water. Let bloom for 10 minutes. In a small saucepan place water, sugar and cocoa powder. Stir until smooth. Place the saucepan over low heat, whisk until the sugar is dissolves. Add heavy cream and stir until combined and smooth. Remove from heat, add bloomed gelatin and stir until the gelatin is melted and incorporated. Let cool slightly.
8. Pass through a sieve to insure that there are no lumps, Pour over the cheesecake. Refrigerate overnight. Release from the pan and decorate with fresh strawberries.
• Instead of the chocolate glacage you can use chocolate ganache for topping or any other topping that you like.
• For very smooth cheesecake texture you can strain the strawberry puree, but I find that the little strawberry chunks just add another interesting texture and flavor for the cake.