Healthy Quinoa Tuna Casserole Recipe
If you are looking for a healthy, tasty and high protein recipe this quinoa tuna casserole recipe is for you. This quinoa tuna bake recipe is made with canned tuna, but if you desire, you can prepare it with fresh tuna as well. This dish also can be good as post workout meal or just as a quick lunch or dinner.
- 6oz - 1 can tuna, drained
- 2/3 cup (185g) Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup (80ml) vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup quinoa, uncooked + 1 cup water
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/3 head of broccoli, cut into small florets
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 100g (3.5oz) mozzarella cheese, grated
1. Rinse the quinoa under cool water, until the water comes out transparent. Put rinsed quinoa in a medium saucepan. Add water, 1/2 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes until the quinoa is fluffy. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
3. In a bowl, mix together tuna, cooked quinoa, chopped onion, broccoli, Greek yogurt, vegetable stock and spices.
4. Transfer into casserole dish. Top with mozzarella. Bake for 25 minutes, until golden.
More Healthy Recipes: