1. Peel beets and place in the food processor or blender, add 1/2 cup water and process until smooth. Set aside.
2. In a bowl of a stand mixer or in a large bowl, place flour, yeast, sugar, salt and mix. Make a well in the center and add egg, oil and beet puree. Knead the dough on low speed. If the dough too dry and 1-2 tablespoons water, if the dough too sticky, add 1-2 tablespoons flour. knead the dough for 6-8 minutes. The dough should be soft and smooth.
3. Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap, place in a warm place and let rise for 1 hour. Until doubled in size.
4. Divide the dough into 4 equal pieces. Roll each piece of dough into a long rope roughly 1-inch thick. If the ropes shrink as you try to roll them, let them rest for 5 minutes to relax the gluten and then try again.
5. Braid the challah as described in the video. Place braid challah on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Cover and let rise for 40-60 minutes
6. Preheat oven to 360F (180C).
7. Gently brush with beaten egg and oil. Sprinkle sesame seeds (optional).
8.Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown on the edges. Let cool for at least 30 minutes.