Everyone loves omelettes, but have you ever tried rolled omelette? This easy recipe shows you how to make rolled omelette with vegetables. This rolled omelet can be make with different veggies like onions, carrots, mushrooms, broccoli and more. A perfect, healthy and high protein breakfast. And much easier to prepare than you think.
This egg roll popular in Korea and called there Gyeran Mari.
Also similar omelet you can find in Japan: it’s called Tamagoyaki (Japanese rolled omelette).These are usually prepared in a rectangular omelette pan called a makiyakinabe. There are 2 types of egg roll: sweet and savory, today we are making regular savory egg roll.
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 carrot, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil for cooking
1. Prepare all the vegetables.
2. In a large bowl beat egg, salt and pepper. Add chopped vegetables and stir until combined.
3. Heat a medium size pan greased with oil on a low-medium heat. Pour about ¼ of the egg mixture, making sure that all the surface of the pan covered. Cook about 1-2 minutes, until half cooked. Then start to roll gently into a log, leaving small part unrolled. Move the egg roll to one side of the pan and grease the pan with little bit of oil. Pour another 1/4 of egg mixture to the empty part and cook 1-2 minutes more, until half cooked. Repeat with the remaining egg mixture.
4. Transfer to a plate or a cutting board and slice.
- You can use any other vegetables that you like. For example: broccoli, bell pepper and more.