For the crust:
For the filling:
For the ganache:
1. To make the crust: In a food processor or a Ziploc bag, crush Oreo cookies into fine crumbs. Add melted butter and pulse until combined. Press into bottom of 8-inch (20cm) springform pan. Refrigerate while making the filling.
2. In a small bowl stir gelatin powder and water. Let bloom for 10 minutes.
3. Chop the chocolate, melt in the microwave in 30 second pulses or over a double boiler.
4. In a large bowl beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract until smooth, add melted chocolate beat until smooth. Add heavy cream and whip for 3-4 minutes, until fluffy.
5. Melt the gelatin in the microwave for 15 seconds. Temper the gelatin: Gradually add few tablespoons of the cheesecake mixture into the dissolved gelatin and stir until combined. Pour back to the cheesecake mixture and mix until combined.
6. Cut the strawberries in half and arrange them around the edges of the pan. Try to use similar size strawberries. Pour the filling into the pan. Place in the freezer while making the topping.
7. Chop the chocolate, place in a large bowl. In a saucepan bring the heavy cream to a simmer. Pour over the chocolate. Let sit for 1-2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Pour over the cheesecake. 8. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours. Decorate with fresh strawberries.