1. Make the pesto sauce: toast the pine nuts for a few minutes over low heat until light brown. Immediately remove and let cool slightly.
2. Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender, add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Process until finely chopped, while processing, gradually pour olive oil and keep processing until smooth. Check the seasoning and add more salt if needed. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
3. Cook the pasta: Bring a large pot with water to a boil. Add salt. Add pasta and cook to al dente according to package directions. Drain when ready (Just before draining, reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking water).
4. Transfer the pasta to the sauce, add 1/4 cup of the cooking water, toss the pasta to coat, adding more water if needed until getting smooth consistency.
5. Transfer to a serving plate, garnish with few basil leaves and freshly grated parmesan.
More pasta dishes you may like: