Learn how to make the best crispy smashed potatoes. Quick and easy recipe that you can serve as an appetizer or side dish. This recipe is vegan and requiters only 2-ingredients (plus salt and pepper). So if you are looking for new roasted potato dish, give it a try.
INGREDIENTS FOR YIELDS
12 small potatoes
3-4 tablespoons olive oil
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes, reduce the heat to medium and cook until tender, about 25-30 minutes. Drain and let dry.
2. Preheat oven to 450F (230C).
3. Place the potatoes on a baking tray. Use a potato masher, fork or a bottom of a glass to smash the potatoes.
4. Drizzle some olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp.
Hi! I used russet potatoes for the recipe (as the type wasn't specified) and it looked nothing like yours; I'm quite disappointed. Your recipe looks delicious, but what variety of potatoes did you use? Thank you :)Reply
Most recipes like this recommend Yukon golds-they have a nice mixture of crunchy outside but remain creamy inside.Reply
Your email address will not be published